- by Jason Gregory
- Thursday, February 26, 2009
- Photo by: WENN.com
US rapper 50 Cent's new album 'Before I Self Destruct' has been delayed to make way for the latest studio effort from fellow hip-hop star Eminem.
50 Cent's fourth album was originally scheduled for release at the end of last year, but has been dogged by delays.
In an interview with the Associated Press news agency, the rapper said people should now expect Eminem's album, 'Relapse', to arrive first.
"Right now I'm on the train and the Em choo-choo car goes first," he joked.
"See, what happens is, I think that people forget that I'm actually Eminem's artist because I've had so much success on my own and I moved away from it.
“But if you can look back, the very first interview I did — we were on the set of 'In Da Club' — it was myself, Eminem and Dr. Dre. I said my goal was to fit in with Eminem and Dr. Dre.
“I didn't mean to fit in under Eminem and Dr. Dre — I meant to fit in as an equal party. And that's what I achieved over this time period.”
50 Cent added that Dr Dre was in the process of mixing Eminem's new album and wouldn't return to 'Before I Self Destruct' before it is completed.
'Relapse', Eminem's first studio album since 2004's 'Encore', is expected to arrive this spring.
Eminem, 50 Cent and Dr Dre
Please help Gigwise target the right advertising to you by filling out this survey. Thanks! :)
Register now and have your comments approved automatically!