Last Updated: 25 May 2018
At Gigwise, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1. INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL TERMS
The Website and the App are operated by Gigwise Limited (we, us, our, Gigwise), a company incorporated in England & Wales with company number 09705422 and registered office at 115 Drysdale Street, Hoxton, London N1 6ND.
Where we decide the purpose and means for the processing of the personal data that you provide via our Website, App or other online services, we are the "data controller". As data controller, we will comply with all applicable data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
- What information Gigwise may collect about you
- How Gigwise will use information we collect about you
- Whether Gigwise will disclose your details to anyone else
- Your choices and rights regarding the personal information we hold about you
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and process the following information which may include your personal data:
Information provided by you when visiting the Website or when using any of our online services ("Submitted Information")
We may ask you for, or you may submit, personal and non-personal information to us through the online service whenever you contact us (such as via our Contact Us webpage’s online form) or use our other online services.
This may include:
- your first and last name
- email address
- phone number
- your free-text brief description or other information that you may voluntarily provide
We may obtain sensitive personal data (a/k/a special categories of personal data) about you if you voluntarily supply it through the Contact Us submission. This could include your CV and/or education and employment history if you are submitting an application for work experience or to become a contributor on our Website.
If you volunteer such information, you will be consenting to our processing it for the purpose explained to you when you supply it.
How you use our Services ("Analytics")
Our Website also uses website analytics, including Google Analytics and BuzzSumo, to evaluate and improve our Website, personalise your experience and to offer the best, most accessible service possible to all of our customers.
To find out more about Google Analytics and to learn how to opt out, please visit:
- How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps, or
When you visit our Website, these analytics service providers may collect the following data, which will almost always be anonymised and aggregated before reporting back to us:
- number of visitors to our Website
- pages visited while at the Website and time spent per page
- page interaction information, such as scrolling, clicks and browsing methods
- websites where visitors have come from and where they go afterwards
- page response times and any download errors
- other technical information relating to end user device, such as IP address or browser plug-in
We process this information to understand how visitors use our Website and to compile statistical reports regarding that activity. This processing is crucial to the running of our online business. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you.
Information about you collected from your device or Third Parties ("Content Information")
We may collect information about you which you make available to us and which is stored on your device, or your Facebook or other social media profiles. This might include images (photographs/screenshots), video or other digital content such as when you contribute to the App’s newsfeed or participate in online competitions.
When you install, uninstall or update our App, a unique application number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us. The App is available for iOS and Android.
For iOS, see: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gigwise/id1180673669?mt=8
For Android, see: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=london.secondscreen.gigwise&hl=en_GB
The App has access to the following data on your device:
- your mobile phone status and identity
- location data (network-based approximate location) and/or precise location data (GPS and network-based)
- photos and media files and audio output
- contents of your USB storage
- camera and microphone functions and audio output
- your Wi-Fi connections
- your device ID and call information.
3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We will use any information that we collect about you, including any personal data, for the purposes described to you at the time that we collect such information, and for the following purposes:
- to help us identify you when you choose to contact us
- to respond to any enquiries that you may send to us
- for administration of our website and the services we offer
- to process your orders (in conjunction with our third party payment services provider)
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of Gigwise when you choose to do so
- to send you information about music artists, films and other services featured on our Website, including updates about upcoming releases or concerts, where you have signed up for one of our newsletters or purchased products or services via our online services
- to notify you about changes to Gigwise or the services we provide
- to help us improve our Website and the online services to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
- to understand how, and how often, users visit and interact with our Website, use our online services
- to find out statistical information about the use of the Website
- to monitor the technical operation of our Website (e.g. response times, downloading / uploading errors
- to obtain other technical information relating to end user devices
- to administer the Gigwise service and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to compile statistical reports regarding visitor activity (for example, your IP address is used to approximate the country from which you access our Website, and we aggregate this information together so we can see from what regions or countries most of the visitors to our Website originate)
This analysis is fundamental to the running of our online and digital business and we therefore undertake such monitoring in the pursuit of our legitimate interests in improving our Website, and to provide a better service and source of information to visitors.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of Gigwise when you choose to do so
- to allow you to share your own reviews and other user content such as on the App’s newsfeed feature
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of Gigwise about products and services that may interest you or them
4. WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
To provide our online services to you As applicable, we will use information about you (including Submitted Information, Content Information and Analytics) for delivering our online services to you under the Website Terms and Conditions agreed between us, as well as:
- responding to your enquiries
- contacting you about matters requiring your attention
This processing of Submitted Information, Content Information and Analytics is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests of providing our core business activities such as online music news, film reviews, upcoming events features and connections to online sales platforms and making these services available to you. It enables the Website to function properly so that you have the best experience when visiting the Website.
To understand and monitor how users interact and use our online features
We process information (including Submitted Information, Content Information and Analytics) to understand how visitors interact with each other, to compile Analytics and statistical reports regarding that activity and to protect against and remove objectionable uploaded content.
This processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests of (i) ensuring that Gigwise functions properly so that you and other users have the best experience when sharing your reviews and personal information in our online features, such as the App’s newsfeeds, and (ii) improving the quality of Gigwise and our services, and providing a better experience to our users.
We use various forms of marketing to provide you with promotional materials about our Gigwise services.
Our Website Marketing: We use pop-up messages on our Website to let you know about other similar artists or music events that you might also like, based on your viewing selections and viewing history.
Direct Marketing: We might send you marketing emails about products or services featured by Gigwise or by our network of trusted third party suppliers which are similar to or related to the products or services that you’ve purchased or viewed on our Website. We will not process your information for the purposes of marketing or pass your information on to third parties for the purposes of marketing unless you have given your consent or it is otherwise lawful for us to do so. We will provide your details to our third party mailing list service provider, MailChimp, which helps us to produce and manage our newsletters.
Targeted Marketing: We use the information we collect about you to serve you targeted advertisements via our Website and/or the App. We do this to provide you with more relevant advertising content. To find out more about our advertising practices, please visit www.secondscreenads.com.
Purchasing (ticket sales for music concerts, films, and other events)
Via our Website and App, we offer you the opportunity to purchase tickets to our featured music concerts, films and other events.
If you chose to make a purchase, our Website will redirect you to the relevant third party payment service provider website to enable that purchase.
For films and video content, we work with Find Any Film (www.findanyfilm.com).
When you opt to make a purchase via our third party service providers (or any third party payment services providers that they use), we will not share any personal information with them, nor will we receive any of the financial information that you provide to them.
6. CONSUMER CONTROL AND OPT-OUT OPTIONS
If you do not wish to receive promotional or other marketing material from us or third parties then you can opt-out by clicking on the unsubscribe link in those email communications or by changing the ‘Edit Profile’ setting in the App Alternatively, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you no longer wish to receive promotional or other marketing material from us or third parties.
7. YOUR RIGTHS IN RELATION TO PERSONAL DATA WHICH WE PROCESS RELATING TO YOU
You have the following rights over the way we process personal data relating to you, as set out in the table below. We aim to comply without undue delay, and within one month at the latest.
To make a request, please let our Data Protection manager know at email@example.com.
Ask for a copy of data we are processing about you and have inaccuracies corrected
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
We will use reasonable efforts to the extent required by law to supply, correct or delete personal information held about you on our files (and with any third parties to whom it has been disclosed to).
Object to us processing data about you
You can ask us to restrict or stop processing, or to delete your personal data if:
- you consented to Gigwise processing the personal data, and have withdrawn that consent
- Gigwise no longer needs to process that personal data for the reason it was collected
- Gigwise is processing that personal data because it is in the public interest or it is in order to pursue a legitimate interest of Gigwise, you don’t agree with that processing, and there is no overriding legitimate interest for us to continue processing it
- the personal data was unlawfully processed
- you need the personal data to be deleted in order to comply with a legal obligations
- the personal data is processed in relation to the offer of a service to a child
Obtain a machine readable copy of your personal data, which you can use with another service provider
- If we are processing data in order to perform our obligations to you, or because you consented, if that processing is carried out by automated means, we will help you to move, copy or transfer your personal data to other IT systems.
- If you request, Gigwise will supply you with the relevant personal data in CSV format. Where it is technically feasible, you can ask us to send this information directly to another data controller if you prefer.
Make a complaint to a Supervisory Authority
- If you are unhappy with the way Gigwise is processing your personal data, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not agree with the way we have processed your data or responded to your concerns, an alternative is to submit a complaint to a Data Protection Supervisory Authority. In the UK, the relevant data supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner's Office and you may contact them at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
8. DATA RETENTION
8.1. In accordance with data protection laws and good commercial practice, we do not retain data in a form that permits identification of the person(s) to whom it relates for any longer than is necessary. Once the purpose for which information has been collected has been fulfilled, we will either permanently delete your personal information or remove all identifiers within it so that it is no longer personal data. We may use such anonymised data for research and/or business analysis purposes.
8.2. If you would like us to stop using your personal information, please email us at email@example.com.
9.1. We do not knowingly use the Website to solicit data from or market or sell to children under the age of 13.
9.2. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information or may be receiving communications from us or otherwise interacting with us without consent of a parent or guardian, we ask that this be brought to our immediate attention. We will make it our priority to address this situation and delete information relating to a child as soon as practicable. In such an event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10.1. We will take commercially reasonable, appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk that could be encountered via the use of our Website and services, taking into account the likelihood and severity those risks might pose to the rights and freedoms of our Website visitors.
10.2. In particular, we will take precautions to protect against the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration, and unauthorised disclosure of or access to the personal information transmitted, stored or otherwise processed by us.
10.3. Please be aware that, while we make the security of our Website and your personal information a high priority and devote considerable time and resources to maintain robust IT security, no security system can prevent all security breaches. When you choose to share your personal information with us, you accept the aforesaid and provide your information at your own risk.
11. ADVERTISEMENTS AND AD SERVING TECHNOLOGY
11.1. Please note that we use third party providers of adverts and the adverts’ content is provided by these third parties and not Gigwise. Examples of third party providers we may use from time to time are Infolinks (www.infolinks.com) and Adsterra (www.adsterra.com).
11.2. If you are using an iOS device, you can find more information about how to opt out of personalised adverts by visiting https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202074.
12. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
12.1. Our servers are located in the European Union and the information that we collect directly from you will be stored in these servers. We may also transfer your personal data to our third party service providers, many of whom may be located outside of the EU, operate from multiple locations including non-EU based operations or engage sub-processors located outside the EU.
12.2. There are agreements in place to ensure that any international transfers of personal data to our affiliates or third party service providers have appropriate safeguards that meet the requirements of EU data protection laws.
12.3. If you would like to find out more about these safeguards or if you have any other queries or comments in relation to this policy, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
13. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
14. CONTACT US
Alternatively, you may address these to our Data Protection manager at Gigwise Limited, 115 Drysdale Street, Hoxton, London N1 6ND.